Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Thrifting

The great thing about a thrift store is that if you go into one with an idea of what you're looking for, you can always find a way to make that idea happen. A few weeks ago, I stumbled across a blog where a young woman had found an old, long, out-of-style skirt. She bought the skirt with an idea... And with a few resources and an imagination, she came away with a shorter, vintage looking, attractive skirt. (See the blog here.) Ever since, I have wanted a project that I could peruse a thrift store for. And now that I do, my wheels are turning!

I never really ventured into thrift stores up until about a year ago. I remember going to Goodwill when I was younger, but thrift stores? They always had this stigma about them and I just didn't go there. But I've grown since then and I can appreciate character and spice ms everything nice like that.

I can appreciate a good challenge and so I go into the store ready to peruse, scavenge, and create. And so far, I have been productive!

And as a result, thrift stores are a valuable resource full of goodies and treasures untold.




(random fact: blogging from hubby's iPhone on the way home from the movie is not conducive to uploading pictures from one's camera...)

Arrivederci!

No comments: