Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hands and Feet

Sometimes, when I need to remember to do something important, and I know I won't be able to get to it until later that day, I will write it in my calendar, or, in extreme cases, on my hand.  I will usually write down some letters, mostly indescript jumbles or abbreviations that cryptically disguise the true meaning, or something extremely vague, that only I could possibly remember the meaning to.  :)  When I happen to catch it out of the corner of my eye, it makes me think about the thing I'm supposed to remember... especially if I have to try to remember what I was trying to remember in the first place.  It's fun...

Well today, I did something different.  Yes, there was something I needed to remember, and yes, I wrote it in my calendar, but I also drew a picture on my hand.  Something vague.  Something only I could guess at.  But as things would turn out, I have really enjoyed having that little picture on my hand today.  I'd glance down and see it smiling back at me, and I'd smile right back at it.  It's simple, it's tiny, and it's just there.


It makes me wonder about getting another tattoo.  I have often wondered about getting a second one, and where I'd get it, and with this image on my hand, I have to admit, that it would not be an awfully awful spot to have one.  Especially if it was uber-small like this one pretends to be.  I don't know if I'd get a cat though... which means back to the drawing board in terms of awesomely awesome ideas. 

It reminds me of a camp song, and I, of course, am going to include the lyrics here...  :)
I have a daisy on my toe.
It is not real; it does not grow.
It's just a tattoo of a flower... so I look good taking a shower.
It's on the middle toe of my left foot.
It has no stem, it has no root.
...Why not?  'Cause that wouldn't look good.
I have a daisy on my toe.  My right foot loves my left foot so.
Mwah!

I actually really like to idea of a daisy tattoo on the middle toe of my left foot, but I don't want it to feel like it's competing with the freckle on the fourth toe of my right foot... 
I don't need my feet developing complexes or anything like that.  They're too cute!

No comments: