Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday Talk

Thursday.  Our last day of the work-week.  We earn the right to be loopy.
And so, I decided to take notes.  I had a feeling it was going to be good.  :)

And it's not that our minds live in the gutter...  only a few of our minds do, actually.  But the rest of them lie so close to the gutter, that one little sinister laugh or chuckle, and a few wayward glances, are enough to send us all over.  Into the gutter. 

But it's not always like that.
There's a lot of other talk about food (!), movies, television, world events, weather, family dynamics, relationships, kids, problems, design, cars, gifts, traveling, dreaming, etc, etc, etc.
I think I've mentioned before that we tend to talk about a lot in one days time.  :)

Below are some highlights from today's chatters:
"Heavens to Mergatroyd!!"
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/heavens-to-murgatroyd.html
Entertainment references that pre-date me?  Sure.  I sit there and smile mostly.  And then google.
This one I love.  I could see this working it's way into my daily dialogues.

"I love sturdy little boxes!!!...!!!!!!"
What can I say, it's the little things in life.  :)
And working where we work, we tend to come to appreciate clay-coated boxes, skinny twine, and the correct shade of black tissue.  I find comfort in the fact that we can all appreciate these nuances.

"You're just a flinging kind of gal." (and then)  "FLINGER!"
And that says a lot!  Flinging is a gift, and definitely an acquired taste.
And for someone to be tagged as a flinger, well, they've basically paved their way to be the default "flinger" for all gifts requiring fling.  I'm not there yet.  Flingin' ain't my thang.

"Yea, because it's hard to get in there when it's floppy."
This phrase wasn't dirty until a sinister laugh (eh-emm) was added in the background...
Then the whole room broke out in chuckles.  And then the mental images started crawling in.
Oh goodness...  :)
Note: It's really about getting fling into the cotton tote.
Yea...

lol. 
::This is why I could never leave Production::  :)


Corrugated cardboard... bunches of it.


No comments: