Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day...

... not just another day, in my book.

Today, 4 years ago, I met my husband.  The love of my life.
I cannot believe it has been 4 years... time really does fly!
I was talking to my mom this afternoon, and she couldn't believe it either.
So much has happened in those 4 years...
Families coming together, graduations, deaths, surgeries, new jobs, new loves.
It's amazing really, if you stop to think about it, that life is happening all around us.
It makes me happy to know that I have people around me to experience it with!

So anyways, he surprised me by sending me flowers!
I've never had flowers sent to me at work before, and it was so sweet.
I loved being able to share our special day and our story, and everyone at work was excited too!
Of course, I was blushing for a good portion of the afternoon, and I'm still smiling now.
Can you blame me?

He is so amazing, and I can not imagine my life without him.
He is my rock, and everything I've ever wanted in a mate.
And I am so lucky to have him!

Calla lily ... sumi-e stylized.

Calla lily ... the original version.  Probably one of my favorite flowers!

Da bouquet!  Roses, Calla lilies, snapdragons, and other white flowers!  :)

I LOVE them!

:)


In other news, today is Groundhog Day!
According to common folklore,
-if the groundhog comes out of it's hole and sees it's shadow, 6 more weeks of winter we'd have.
-if the groundhog comes out if it's hole and doesn't see it's shadow, spring is around the corner.

This has always seemed backwards to me, and every year, because of it's back-ward-ness, I block out which is which and am perpetually confused.  However, I think I have it straight now?

So, our country is in the midst of a rain/snow/weird-weather-storm system.
The groundhogs, at least 2 for sure, came out of their holes, and didn't see their shadows, most likely due to the aforementioned weird weather, and I'm to believe that spring is right around the corner...?

Call me a skeptic, but I'll believe it when I see it!

-----

Adieu to all!  And a very happy Groundhog Day!




No comments: