Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tasting Fall


I don't know what it is, but I've had the strangest inclination that Fall is right around the corner.  I mean, it's  not like the heat has been any indication - temps in the 90s with heat indexes in the upper 90s/ low 100s and humidity that makes my curly hair a big ole hot mess - but I feel like there is a change in the air.  The breeze is more breezier, the trees sway with a readiness, and when the wind blows, there is ::almost:: a hint of chill in the air.  It's exciting! 

And, oh this little guy. Turned (fall) yellow and landed upon the deck.
It means that Fall is coming!  Fall festivals are on their way!  Pumpkins are getting ready to be carved, campfires are being prepped, and the urge to gather with friends on a hayride through Trackrock is beckoning!  I know I say this every year, but Fall is definitely my favorite.  And although August has juuuuust barely come into play, I can taste it, and I am ready!

My Black Prince tomato is trying to come back with a vengeance!  I had trimmed them all back and tamed the craziness that had become my garden.  The plants were pretty done anyways, and I had decided it was "time".  This guy is trying to prove me wrong...  He is starting to grow, and the leaves look more funny this time.  Pretty cool though!  We shall see what happens.

No comments: