Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

3D Glasses


Tonight, Gary and I went to the movies. 
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.  3D!
It was our first 3D movie experience, aside from those over-sensationalized short films at Disney World and other theme parks.  They provide you with the 3D glasses, you provide them with the $2 surcharge, and call it even.
It was a nice experience.  Aside from having to wear glasses, and trying to get used to it when I don't usually have to, it was cool seeing a foreground, mid-ground, and back-ground on the screen.  It added an extra element to the movie, that I hadn't been sure what to expect from it, and it wasn't horribly distracting.  The movie was good!  No where near as good as the first, and I was confused timeline-wise where in fact the movie fit in with the other films, but it was good and interesting enough.  And then there was the whole dialect/language thing, and the fact that Orlando and Kiera weren't there... but I did like it.  I found myself chuckling every now and then and finding comfort in the random pleasantries.  I do wish there was more character development though - especially with the Missionary and the Mermaid.  I would've liked to see more of them, and their story.  It ended whompy-like, and it's not sticking with me entirely, even though I just saw it.  But, it was in no way bad or worthless.  It was enjoyable, and it was a pleasant way to spend our Sunday afternoon, made even more so that the movie cost us $3.75 a person.  :) 

Cheers to a new week!
Hope you had a nice weekend too.
Adieu.

No comments: