Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Plants

  Today, we played in the dirt (again)!  We are working on getting the house in ship-shape foor next week's soiree, and today we worked on the yard.  I found these huge coco fiber planters at Home Depot for 80% off original price and since we've been looking for something sort of like this, we jumped at the chance to get them and then went from there.  And today, while at Home Depot for some plants, we fell in love with the red twisted crotons, paired with these pruple flowers, and these yellow ones.  It's a lot bolder then we have gone  in this space so far, but I absolutely love it, and am so glad we went with this combination!  I am getting real good at planting things here in this space.  lol.  But hopefully, these will take and will prosper.  It'd be great if we could get a whole lot of rain!  That'd be so nice!





These huge bees were all over the flower at HD.  I refused to touch them!  lol.


In other news, I managed to get dirt everywhere.  I think that it's part of the process though.  Forget about just under the nails... we're talking on every inch of exposed skin, and in the nose..  lol.  But when you are digging up weeds, filling planters with soil, flinging soil everywhere, planting plants, and mulching, it's bound to happen.  And that's when  I feel really productive anyways... playing in the dirt is quickly becoming one of my favorite past-times!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
A very happy Monday to you all!
Love!

No comments: