Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Titanic

We've spent the last four hours watching Titanic, whilst in the midst of doing other things mind you.  Luckily for me, this movie came on at the right time.  I've had it on my mind for weeks now.  I've always loved the costumes and the not-so-subtle discourse between Rose and Jack.  And this is probably the movie I've seen in the theater the most times.  I remember the first time I saw it, I was entranced by the love story.  The second time, I was overwhelmed by the tragedy.  Today, the social implications and roles of that time period really stood out to me.  It's crazy sad if you sit and listen/ look at how things went down, and the difference "class" makes in saving order.  Actually, a lot can be said about "class"...  And at some point, souls must become worth the same to everyone.  You can almost see this working out in various parts of the movie till the end, but for the most part, a person isn't a person without being defined by a class.

And I suppose it's similar today.  But it feels different.  And maybe it's because I'd like to think that we are all equal (or something like that).  Especially around days like July 4th, you stop and realize that for this one day, we are all celebrating the same thing: freedom.  And that is something that we can all relate to and appreciate.

End rant.  :)

Titanic is good... it was nice to watch it again.
Happy 4th to all of my loves!

Scissors... ::snaps::

No comments: