Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Garden Gloves

Rubberized dots on thick cloth.
Texture: "spotty"


Today I decided that it would be a good time to work in the garden.  It's not like I have anything else to do or prepare for the weekend... so what the hey right?  :)  Well, the garden has been looking sad-ish and rather defeated.  I think it's a mixture of super-extreme-hotness and weird spurts of rain, with lots of no-rain in the middle.  It's been rough on my little garden, but we have still had a lot of goodies!  Just today, I harvested a sungold cherry tomatoes, a good variety of medium sized 'red ones', some banana peppers, and a sweet pepper.  They're looking great, and I'm loving the little sungold cherry tomatoes!  Super tasty, and they're orange!! 

But anyways, I took some time to deconstruct.  I cleaned up the garden area, moved some of the bins over to the side of the deck to eventually plant flowers in, and removed all of the lids from underneath the bins.  There was disgusting stuff growing underneath... uck!  Lesson learned!

 







And now, I must get on with the rest of the evening.  I've shows to watch, invites to address and stamp, light packing to do, and I want to sleep.  Like now.  :)

1 comment:

Crosby Kenyon said...

I envy the fact you have a small garden to pick from. Enjoy it while you can.