Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tragedy


When I came home from work today, I was greeted with a tragedy in the bathroom.  It seems that the little plant and red (apparently ceramic) pot had decided to plummet to the bathroom floor, along with the mini watering globe.  Shards of ceramic, thin glass, and plant root everywhere...

Luckily, the actual plant is okay.  Albeit a little shocked from it's jump, but I've revived and put back up on the shelf. 

Needlesstosay, after this finding, the cat's use of the bathroom at all hours has been temporarily revoked.  I have a feeling Cornbread did it... he enjoys sitting by the window.  It's just that this window is a good 4 feet up from the floor, so attaining it means jumping off the wall and rebounding up (?) to the window ledge which is roughly 6 inches wide.  I figure that the plant was a necessary casualty, and that the crash surely scare the begessus out of the poor, frightened kitty.  So all in all, I can't be mad, but am rather glad that the kitties are okay (they knew well enough to leave the shards alone while we were away), and the plant looks fine too!

No comments: