Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Beginning of Summer

Today was a scorcher!
It's one of those days where you could see the steam rising off the road...
Where all you wanted to do is sit down in the shade with a tall glass of fresh lemonade, or an ice-cold-glass-bottle soda... (and yes, it had to be glass!  And sitting in a cooler of ice!)
Where lightning bugs flirted with the dusk and the sun dared to never go down...

Yes, I do believe that summer is officially here!
Hot days, short nights, and lots of outside time.

Vintage Sodas - quickly becoming a cookout staple at our house!

I ::swear:: I saw a lightning bug tonight.
We were inside, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw the familiar lime green light that a lightning bug emits and dashed outside to see if it were true.  I didn't see it again, so perhaps my eyes and mind were playing tricks on me.  But I want to believe that I did in fact see one, and for me, lightning bugs are just another sign that summer is here!

No comments: