Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Gus update

He's growing... impressively so in the last week or two.
He is sprouting these long runner things that are shooting out about 14 inches, and then twisting and ebbing a bit whichever what it seems fit.  There are also little buds (which look strangely enough like asparagus buds) on the ends.
The middle is likening to a forest.  A wild one.
There are tiny, super-thin stalks growing, underbrush, and probably extreme wildlife (if I dared looked closely enough).
A very interesting specimen indeed!

All in all, I am very interested to see how this plants... works.
I can't imagine quite how asparagus grows, and I'm not getting a clearer mental image from the progression of Gus.
So far, he has been a great amusement!
I just fear having to find a spot big enough for all of his "runners" yet calm enough to keep him happy.
For now, the kitchen windowsill is sufficing!  He is enjoying looking out over the "big kid" garden, and is having fun mingling with the glass bottles.  He is even ::reaching out:: and trying to make new friends with the plant growing down on the counter.  I'm so proud of him!


Oh the joys of plant-rearing!  lol.

No comments: