Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Crazy Cake

I'm pretty sure that no matter how old I am, I will always opt for the cake that is 7 layers high, and has almost every color represented...  It's so pretty!  And that way, you can have the best of every flavor to boot!  I mean, I'd ever dare to go so far as to say that this cake is better than chocolate cake (which  is incredibly hard to beat), and although I've never been much of a fan for sprinkles - except for the tiny ball ones - these sprinkles really add a lot.  And I think this stems from a childhood adoration of anything bright and colorful. 
It's like a black and white coloring book picture of a piece of cake, and a box of crayons: 
Dismiss the notion of staying in the lines. 
Avoid matching colors. 
And don't be afraid to mix it up a bit!

They certaintly didn't when they made this cake.

 
You can't help but stare...  and then you realize you're drooling.
lol. 
:)

No comments: