Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Scary Storm

Today, as I was driving home from work, I couldn't help but notice the fact that my once black vehicle was looking awfully yellow-greenish.   Pollen season is among us!  And it's thick this year.

Luckily, we are going to have a nice big storm tonight, so at least my car will be squeaky clean...!
I just hope it's not too serious...

According to my Weather Channel Desktop, this storm system is large huge!
I don't think I've ever seen that much "yellow, orange, green" on the map, zoomed out as far as I am (meaning that I;m not zoomed in so close to a city so that the whole screen is green - no, I'm zoomed out over states, and I'm looking at yellow, orange, and green.  It's big!).  It makes me want to close all of the blinds, draw the curtains, and put the mattress in the kitchen.  That way, at least there'd be a countertop and sink blocking us from the storm.  lol.  And we wouldn't be trapped in the bathroom or anything...

pollen particles
I was going to embellish the amount of pollen a bit more, and talk about how I almost have the urge to wipe my hand on my car, and then study the little pollen particles, and then run and stick my hand in a bucket of warm, soapy water... but instead I feel the need to "batten down the hatches" as it were, and instead, I will go shower, nervously pace around the apartment waiting for the storm to get here, clean, look out the window, pet the kitties, get under the covers, and then probably try to sleep while the flashes are going off.  :)  Oh yes, this is going to be a good night!

Here's a screen shot of the weather map that I'm talking about.
And here's the link to the Scary Storm.
Every time I read any more, I cringe, and say "eep".
Oh goodness.  lol.
The storm is covering more than half of Alabama right now, with very little breaks in the actual stormy areas.  Oh, and see the red line there... that's probably about 30 miles away.


Nancy out.
(And there's the lightning...)

No comments: