Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

Today, we watched the Royal Wedding, and as a result I've wanted nothing more than to be surrounded by fancy and pretty things all day long.  It was amazing!  Fabulous!  Opulent!

And I really enjoyed it!  I know there are people out there who were over it before it started, and could care less about it.  They didn't understand the crowds of people standing at the palace, the followers, the general havoc and happiness of the scene... but they sound a little bitter, if you ask me.  How can you look at this occasion, and not feel happiness??

You can feel the love radiating in the streets, and across the oceans!  I personally delighted in the fact that I could watch coverage on a plethora of channel choices.  The whole day, the buzz has been about the wedding, the dress, the hats... any and every little detail.  I really liked her wedding dress!  I was surprised by the lace, but I think that she looked gorgeous.  It was neat watching her arrive in the car, after traveling through the streets of people there to celebrate.  I was also surprised by the fact that there was only one "Maid" and one "Man", aside from the little girls and boys.  But it worked.  The whole thing worked actually.  I don't think there was anything about this wedding that wasn't amazing.  And it was a joy to be able to watch it and have that moment with my Mom!  That made it extra special!

It just makes me happy!
And to the happy couple: Congrats!  Thanks for letting the world share your day!

And now, pretty flower pictures...



No comments: