Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Doggie Goggles

Today, we were driving home, and as we were stopping at a red light, I noticed a man riding a motorcycle, with a dog in his lap.  Yup, that's right... a dog riding a motorcycle...  It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen because the dog looked oh-so-content there, and was ::even:: wearing goggles!  It was amazing!


I can only imagine how long this pair have been riding together...  for the dog to just sit there, happily perched upon the bike, wind in it's hair, smile on it's face, and his Master over him.  He must be in heaven.  And the sir, you can feel the love he has for this dog, and that is special.  It was so sweet really, just to watch them.  :)
I immediately got my camera out and started snapping pictures, and was lucky enough to capture the doggie looking my way. 

I like the fact that the dog is wearing goggles.
... and that the goggles fit his face.
I like the fancy gloves that the guy is wearing, and that you can see his dry elbows because he's only wearing a white t-shirt.
I like that his shirt is tucked into his leather, engraved belt, and that he has a pink handkerchief hanging out of his jean pocket.
I like his leather helmet, that is mostly covering the red chili bandanna adorning his head. 

All of the touches of leather, fur, color, and lack-there-of seem to challenge the notion of a "traditional" biker.  When I think "biker", an image of a black-clad, burly man comes to mind.  Now I know that not all "bikers" wear all-black, but this fellow seems to challenge any sort of conformity...  in fact, there is not one single black thing on his person, from what I can tell.  It's humorous, and refreshing, and with the addition of the dog in his lap, it's endearing.  :)


No comments: