Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Blessings

Today is Easter!
Gary and I went to the sunrise service at Kennesaw Mountain, and it was truly beautiful!  The message was simple, the music was nostalgic (and some of my favorites), and the weather was amazing!  I love watching sunrises (!), but watching one come over a dewy valley, in front of a sleepy mountain, was an amazing sight!  I love the way the shadows are elongated, and contrast with the green grass.  I love the brightness of the sun, against the blue sky, with the curves and undulations of the valley and trees all around.  One of my favorite pictures definitely! 

Easter has such an intense presence this year!  With all of the sadness and pain around, Easter is a strong reminder of faith and reassurance.  We sang the song "Because He Lives" today at the service, and the words resonated so strongly.  It is such a pretty song, and it reminds me of sitting around the piano at Thanksgiving with my family, singing old-time gospel hymns.  Anyways, this song reminds you to have faith and not worry.  Because of Him, life is worth living, without fear.
"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living, just because He lives."

Another blessing is my mom.  She is doing so much better!  She is in her own room, eating, laughing, and healing!  I've really enjoyed all of the time we've spent together lately, and it's been special being able to be there for her.  She told me today that she was so proud of the woman I have become.  It brought tears to my eyes, but she was also crying so what could I do?  She said that she could see traces of her mom, and my other grandma in me, and that I was going to make an amazing mother one day - that all of the little things that I do, and all of the ways that I "play" with Gary, my sister, and her are special.  Thinking about it though, I feel like so many of the things she mentioned, I learned from her.  I need to make sure I tell her that.  But it made me so happy that she told me that!  It gets me choked up now even. 
----- 
 
After that, we went to check on the garden.  Everything is looking amazing!  They are thriving, and I think that the whole container-garden-thing is really going to be good for us!  The tomatoes are growing so big, and fast!  I need to get a few more cages, and get them set before it gets too out of control.  The squash are preparing to take over... the leaves are getting huge, and they are spreading like wildfire.  I'm glad that I put a trellis between them and the cherry tomatoes.  The romaine lettuce is looking healthy and happy, and the herbs are thriving!  All is all, I'm super happy with everything!  Oh, and there's even some blooms coming in!  On one of the cherry tomato plants, and in the middle of the squash plants.  I'm surprised that they are already starting to bloom, but oh-so-happy!  That means there will be little baby tomatoes and squashes soon!  :)   


 


  
Squash and Cherry Tomatoes

 
Big Boy (back), SunGold (left), Cherokee Purple (right)

Mr. Stripey (back) and Romaine Lettuce

No comments: