Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Riddle Answers

As promised, here are the answers to the April Riddles I posted on the first!
I had two winners: Lorrie and Heather!  Congratulations! 
And thanks for playing along!
You each will recieve a deluxe paper flower and a mini easel for display!  :)


Riddle Answers:

Q1: If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?

Answer: Pilgrims!
Q2: What goes up when rain comes down?
Answer: An umbrella!

Q3: When do monkeys fall from the sky?
Answer: During Ape-ril showers!

Q4: What can be seen in the middle of April but not at the beginning or end?
Answer: The letter R!

Q5: What is the difference between a horse and the weather?
Answer: One is reined up and the other rains down!

Q6: What did one raindrop say to the other raindrop?
Answer: My plop is bigger than your plop!

Q7: Why don't mother kangaroos like rainy days?
Answer: The kids have to play inside!

Q8: What happens when it rains cats and dogs?
Answer: You have to be careful not to step in a poodle!

Q9: What do clouds wear under their raincoats?
Answer: Thunderwear!

Q10: What animal drops from the clouds?
Answer: Reindeer!

Be sure to stay posted for my next giveaway announcement!

-----

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
We were blessed with amazing weather... a sure sign that spring is here!
We were able to spend some time (seriously) brainstorming for the garden, and we are now in the process of looking for the perfect containers and refining our list of plants we'd like to grow.  I know we want to do some tomatoes, squash, and cucumbers, but I would love to have a separate container full of just heirloom varieties!  I think it'd be neat to see the different colors of common veggies.  I hear they are amazing!  And we will also be doing some herbs, and then maybe even some flowers and ground covers.  I think the biggest part is going to be collecting all of the containers.  Luckily, I'm a fan of the disheveled look - so mixmatching works fine for me!  I've already been scrounging around the garage to see if there's anything I can salvage and I've had some luck... so we're on our way!  :)  We were also able to talk to someone from Farmer D (a local organic garden center) today at the Atlanta Home Show.  They had some great cedar planters and some beautifully arranged containers of herbs and succulents.  I'd love to go check out their center in Atlanta, and I probably will sometime soon... I'd be nice to pick their brains and get some suggestions!

But for now, the black night has engulfed the skies.
The weekend is over, and it's back to work tomorrow.
Have a great night everyone!


No comments: