Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Baking with Karo


Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
(all from scratch  'cept for the pie crust...)

I was really excited about making this because I was going to be able to use Karo syrup for the first time!  :)  I remember seeing Karo syrup in my Granny's cabinet and (for some reason) being fascinated.  I must have seen her use it for something.  And it stuck!  So when I went to the store, I knew exactly what I was looking for, and had a ping of joy when I got to measure it out, pour it into the bowl, and mix it all up.  And tomorrow, when we finally get to try it, I will smile and remember my Granny.  From the looks of it, the Karo got the job done and the consistency looks just right!  It sure does look good!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I hope you get to spend it with people you love, and people who love you, and that you have a day full of fellowship, great food, and lots of joy!  Love!  :)

No comments: