Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Beyond

I started a new book last night.  I'm going through books like whoa these days.  lol.  I'm so glad I have my Kindle.  #justsayin
Anyways, I started reading Beyond Doubt, book 2 in the Beyond series by Karice Bolton. I wasn't sure if I was going to go there.  I believe there are 7 books total in the series, and I started reading Beyond Control (book 1) after the high that the Luke Fletcher series left.  I was hoping it would be similar.  And to tell you the truth, I was a little disappointed.  The writing was bad not what I was accustomed to based on her other series, and I was having trouble keeping the characters straight. However, it was based in Seattle (where my spirit animal lives, remember?) and the characters were in fact intriguing enough to leave me wondering about them a few days later.  So, after a sabatacle to Anne Stuart's Black Ice (book 1 in the series... more on that to come), I decided to come back to Bolton and give book 2 a try.

Good thing!
Book 2 is SO MUCH better!  It the same time frame as the first book but the focus is on the other two main characters, and for whatever reason, it's better.  It has me giddy.  It has me smiling at the book and catching my breath, and you know what, there is even this underlying unsettledness that I seem to love, which is keeping me even more intrigued.  (Who sent the flowers?? )  Not to mention, Aaron wears a suit AND has a tongue piercing.  Why is that so hot?

Anywho, I'm about a third of the way through it after last night's reading and am looking forward to finishing it!

Oh and guess what I saw this morning?
Atlanta was blessed with an amazing sunrise after so much rain!

No comments: