Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Brandy





I was asked to do up a book purse for one of my Aunt's friends for Christmas.  She is a librarian, loves navy blue, tan, and brown, and fell in love with my Aunt's purse.  I was more than happy to oblige!  I found a good sized vintage book while in Charleston.  It's a "Family Word Finder" and the cover is in good condition, and in brown and tan.  Such a good find!  So then, I found two fabrics I liked to coordinate.  I got a tan/brown print, and the a navy print with dots.  Matching, for me, is more of a relative arrangement than a science.  To me, as long as it feels right, it matches.  lol.  Therefore, the navy goes really well with the tan and brown.  There is a pocket on the inside, lined sides, and a pretty bow detail on the front.  I think she is going to love it! 

Oh, and then I named it.  This is another one of my specialties!  Since I was using navy blue as one of my main colors, my mind almost immediately went to the Looking glass song titled "Brandy" because it talks about sailors.  Sailors = Navy = Navy Blue = Purse Title!  And now, it has stuck, and I think it's perfect!  :)

I hope you had a great Wednesday!
Adieu!  :)

No comments: