Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The Haunting of Playlists


I'm in the midst of a project.
I am compiling my Top 50 songs of all time.
And as a result, I've been collecting songs and writing them down at the back of my planner.
I've been feverishly going through all of the songs on my Ipod, haunting my Pandora playlists, and criticizing my Spotify songs list.
It's been fun, and so horribly nostalgic!

I can pinpoint the emotions, the persons, the environments that surround each of the songs that are starting to populate my top 50, and I am loving my compilation!

I think it would be interesting to look at the list holistically and kind of analyze it.
Or maybe it wouldn't. 
Don't get me wrong, it would be interesting.
But the analysis?? Do I want to know?
Or should I just enjoy the mix?

Some of the contenders...
Undone - Matchbox 20
Paradise - Coldplay
The Reason - Hoobastank
Some Nights - Fun
Float On - Modest Mouse

No comments: