Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Sixth Avenue Heartache



Way back when, a friend told me that he always associated "Sixth Avenue Heartache" by the Wallflowers with me, but he couldn't tell me why. This was probably 12 years ago?
Ever since then, I would listen to the song, but my mind would mentally block me from hearing the lyrics. I'm not even kidding. It has been years upon years and I have had yet to really listen to the lyrics and figure out why there would be an association. The song would bring up memories and thougths of him, and instead of dissecting the words, I'd get to the end of the song and realize that I hadn't heard a thing.



Well today, on the way in to work, I finally made it to the "numbers" section of songs on my Ipod (thanks to my top 50 project) and this song started playing.
Sixth Avenue Heartache.
And low and behold, I was able to hear it.
The lyric that I can finally pull from it. 


I got my fingers crossed
on a shooting star
Just like me
Just moved on on on

And the same black line that was drawn on you
Was drawn on me
And now it's drawn me in
6th Avenue Heartache




I feel like I've had an epiphany.
And a semblance of closure that I had given up searching for a long time ago. 

Watch the video here.

No comments: