Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

Are you in?


I'm trying to be better at listening to God and being aware of signs. I think I am in the midst of one right now, and there are a few areas where it could be playing out.

I am struggling with our LifeGroup. As leaders, I feel like we are fully vested in this opportunity and that we were called to be leaders for our small group. We are new at this, but we are trying. The problem is that I feel like our Groupies are trying less. And part of me is fine with that. They are just part of the group, so they are allowed to come and go as they see fit. I want them to feel welcome and like they are a part of something, and if they aren't, I can accept that and hopefully point them in the direction of a group that can. I just need to know where their head is and what direction they want to go. And currently, communication is not a strong suit... Just last week, I sent out a jovial email prepping everyone for that Sunday's meeting. It was to be thr first of the semester and we still had a few things to work out - namely where we would be meeting. Well, we didn't hear from a single couple until the day before, and that was to say that they couldn't make it.
I was so discouraged... And I still am.

So yesterday as we were driving to work, I came to the conclusion that I just need to know if they are in or out of wanting to be a part of our LifeGroup. And I started thinking of the Coheed and Cambria song "Favor House Atlantic" which has that exact line in the song. That was basically my theme song for yesterday.

And then, on the way home, we saw a new billboard. And I kid you not, the only thing on it is "Are You In?"


At that point, I was starting to listen. Apparently, you have to tell me a few times before I really hone in. 

Is the question for me? Am I in? Or is it something I need to ask others? Are they in?
Gary did do the obvious and did ask me if I was in. And I am. As I told him, as leaders, I feel compelled to be here and available for anyone who needs a person. I want us to be that person for someone. And I think we can be.

Anyways, this morning I was watching coverage of Trump's Inauguration, and the anchors were talking to a Trump rep (I think- I wasn't paying super close attention to who he was, or what he was talking about) and it showed his office. In the background on a credenza, there were two piles of paper. One was labeled "In" and one was labeled "Out".
I kinda froze. There was yet another reminder of this question. That's 3 times in just over 24 hours.

What does it mean?
I'm listening.
Help me hear and follow your path.

No comments: