Pages

Friday, November 29, 2019

4 Individualist

As a part of our Life Group studies, we recently discovered the Enneagram. I have a thing for Personality Quizzes and enjoy the quirks that come with trying to typeset yourself for the sake of inner-definition.
When I took the Meyers-Briggs personality test, I was mildly surprised to learn that I am an ENFJ and that I am 51% extroverted. This was cool. I always thought of myself as being introverted, but this almost gave me a boost of confidence that allowed me to explore what being an extrovert meant, and as a result, I feel like I have seen my personality shift and open up.
Funny fact: Gary is also an ENFJ.
I am bewildered by this, but can come to accept it as true.

When we took the Enneagram personality test, I think I originally typed as a 9, but I didn't necessarily connect with it, or with it's definitions or motivations.
After a friend's suggestion, I started following an instagram account (www.instagram.com/enneagramandcoffee). So now, whenever I would visit Instagram, I would see these posts in my feed that started to help me define who I thought I was. Turns out, I had a pretty strong response to the 4s.

So then, when it came time to take the quiz for our LifeGroup, I typed myself as a 4. I think the results were slightly different (I don't remember the number), but I went back and looked at the questions that could have swayed it, and I re-considered them. In the end, a 4 was me.

Another funny thing...on one test, my husband ended up being typed as a 4 and I begged him to re-take it because I couldn't stand the thought of him being the same as me. Our friends said that that was a very 4 thing of me. lol.

And now, I am pretty caught up in all of it.
I find it fascinating.

4s are labeled as Romantic Individualists.

No comments: