Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A picture of a pickle.

And that's not metaphorically speaking.

Right now, I am finishing a movie that I started yesterday evening... a little over 22 hours ago.  No, it's not that the movie was that long.  That's just how long it's taken me to get through it.  Mom life, am I right?

The movie was splendid.  "Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day."  Seriously, so good.  I love the time frame, the series of events, the actors, the roles, and the intrigues.  There's even a spot of urgency.  So naturally, I'm hooked.  This is one of those movies that I crave and have to watch a few times a year. 
-----
Interlude.
Others on the crave-able list:
The Count of Monte Cristo
Love, Actually
Pride & Prejudice
The Jane Austen Book Club
(I sense a theme here...)
-----
My little one is sick.  Not super serious, but a bit worse than we imagined.  She's had a bad cough for a few days and when she spiked a fever yesterday, we knew a trip to the doctor was in order.  And so it was.  She has mucus on her lungs and 2 different rashes.  We're treating with antibiotics, breathing treatments and creams.  At any rate, hubby and I were both here with her, but hubby got to work and I watched her, which obviously means that I didn't watch my movie.  Had you ever entertained a 17 month old?  Ha!  Luckily, despite the sickness, she is acting much like herself.  Very busy, slightly destructive (not on purpose), and incredibly charming.

Anyways, hubby is also going out with a friend tonight to discuss plans for a game they're working on.  So when he announced that he was logged off and asked if he could do anything, I sweetly suggested that he wisk the little miss off to get the last of the meds and any other excursion deemed acceptable for a 17 month old.  He obliged and promised to be out for awhile.  :)

So the first thing I do, besides taking a leisurely jaunt to the restroom, is grab a pickle, take a bite, (take a picture), and sit down to my movie and my blog.
-----
I shall call it "me time" and it shall be mine!

No comments: